It is no secret that we at GIZGUIDE are music lovers by heart, and with the growing niche of high quality or high fidelity audio, the local vinyl industry has seen incredible growth in the past few years. Satchmi, a leading brand in the industry who are made up of vinyl lovers and vinyl collectors themselves helped us from their experience what will a beginning vinyl enthusiast would need to get started.
|Fresh Filter Volume 1 is a great Record to start with if you want to get into the Philippine Indie Scene!|
How to start your own Vinyl Collection?1. Turntables - A turntable or Phonograph is a device used to playback record music on a recording medium. In this case, Vinyl. This will be your walkman to your compact disk, the iPod to your MP3's but with a more intense experience. One of the better value Turntable is the Motorino from Satchmi. Priced at Php 7799.00, you can not go wrong with this one.
2. Vinyl Records - Vinyl records or Gramophone records is an analog sound storage medium. Think of this as the hard drive or compact disc where music was stored when digital wasn't even invented yet. There is just something about the texture and smell of a record that makes the experience so soulful. A record on average will set you back Php 1500.00 with prices fluctuating above or below this price.
|Stylus/Needles will set you back a little under a Thousand Pesos|
3. Turntable Pin/Needle - This directly interacts with the vinyl to reproduce the sound you love, and as a result, wear down after a while and should be replaced.
|The Vinyl Cleaner or Brush!|
4. Vinyl Cleaner, 5. Stylus Cleaner & Solution - These cleaning and maintenance tools serve to remove dust and/or particles from your turntable, vinyl and stylus. A well oiled machine will live longer than an unloved one. Keeping your babies clean will set you back Php 699.00 for the brush and Php 499.00 for the stylus cleaner.
6. Vinyl Sleeves - Vinyl Sleeves, Record Sleeves, dust sleeves or album liner is an external protection for vinyl records.
7. RCA cables - These are the cables with Red, Yellow and White electrical connectors that carry audio and video signals.
|Behold the Grado SR125!|
8. Headphones - This serves as a more affordable alternative to the 5.1 surround sound speaker set-up for when you need to tone it down for the neighbours or for when you want to experience music by yourself.
9. Vinyl Record Storage - To each, his own as long as the records are in a cool, dry place and are left standing vertically. Yes, the sharp side will be touching the surface.
10. Optional: Amplifier and Speakers! - If you don't mind shelling out more budget for better sound quality, volume and dispersion then you will need an Amplifier and a compatible speaker!
|Portable Marshall Speaker!|
What do you guys think? Did we miss any? Just leave a comment below if you have questions and suggestions. Thanks!