Just recently, Xiaomi made another intriguing announcement. Hugo Barra introduced the very first and own Drone by the company.
|The Mi Drone|
Dubbed as the Mi Drone, the said device is said to be their "super-smart" eye in the sky has has numerous autopilot options for better ease of use.
Here's some of the several features listed in his profile
- 4-propeller system with detachable shields
- 17.4V battery 5100mAh, 27 minutes non-stop flying
- 1080p or 4K UHD camera, with 104° wide-angle lens
- 4K camera at 3840 x 2160 pixels; supports recording of stills in RAW format
- 720p live video with low latency from up to 2km distance
- Camera attached to a 3-axis gimbal, stabilizes up to 2000 vibrations per second
- Unbelievably lightweight design
- GPS + GLONASS + vision-based positioning for max precision
- Autopilot options: automatic take-off + landing, waypoint flight path planning, tap to fly on map, circle an object on the ground
- Intelligently detects low battery and returns home automatically
- Real-time location tracking for easy retrieval even post crash
- Hovers automatically at the edge of no-fly zones
- Built-in PCB antenna array in remote control for maximum reach
- Modular design and foldable landing gear
- RMB 2499 for 1080p, RMB 2999 for 4K UHD version
What I like the best among the listed features is the more expensive version can record up to 4K UHD videos, can fly for almost 30 minutes, can return back to base to recharge and hovers automatically in no-fly zone locations.
To Xiaomi, please keep on making things like this. Pretty cool stuff right?
Source: Hugo Barra