Header Ads

MMDA to e-vehicle riders: Get license, register your units

Transportation authorities said they are now working with local governments in Metro Manila to regulate the use of e-vehicles (EVs).
MMDA to e-vehicle riders: Get license, register your units
E-trikes, Photo from ADB

MMDA said that e-vehicle riders should get a license and register their units!

After the Republic Act No 11697 lapsed into law in April, the Department of Transportation is mandated to focus on the "development of EV demand generation, and the regulation and registration of EVs, as well as franchising for public transportation."

An official of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said many e-vehicle riders are not aware that they should secure a license and have their units registered.

The following e-vehicles need a driver's license and LTO registration:

E-scooter L2B (26-50 kph):
E-motorcycle (exceeding 50 kph)
E-utility (jeep or vehicle)

Those who violate the rules will be slapped with PHP 1,000 to PHP 10,000 penalty, or their vehicles will be impounded.

Data from the MMDA also showed that the number of e-vehicle accidents already reached 82 from January to May.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.